When you're logged in, you can say
exercism fetch typescript to get the next available exercise on the track.
Every time you submit a solution to an exercise, you will get the next in line the next time you fetch.
If you want to try a specific exercise, you can always fetch it directly (commands are listed below).
The exercises are ordered roughly in order of difficulty.
- Hello World The classical introductory exercise. Just say "Hello, World!"
- Leap Given a year, report if it is a leap year.
- Rna Transcription Given a DNA strand, return its RNA complement (per RNA transcription).
- Bob Bob is a lackadaisical teenager. In conversation, his responses are very limited.
- Pangram Determine if a sentence is a pangram.
- Space Age Given an age in seconds, calculate how old someone is in terms of a given planet's solar years.
- Robot Name Manage robot factory settings.
- Grade School Given students' names along with the grade that they are in, create a roster for the school
- Wordy Parse and evaluate simple math word problems returning the answer as an integer.
- Gigasecond Calculate the moment when someone has lived for 10^9 seconds.
- Difference Of Squares Find the difference between the square of the sum and the sum of the squares of the first N natural numbers.
- Word Count Given a phrase, count the occurrences of each word in that phrase.
- Raindrops Convert a number to a string, the contents of which depend on the number's factors.
- Etl We are going to do the `Transform` step of an Extract-Transform-Load.
- Hamming Calculate the Hamming difference between two DNA strands.
- Scrabble Score Given a word, compute the scrabble score for that word.
- Acronym Convert a long phrase to its acronym
- Anagram Given a word and a list of possible anagrams, select the correct sublist.
- Phone Number Clean up user-entered phone numbers so that they can be sent SMS messages.
- Beer Song Produce the lyrics to that beloved classic, that field-trip favorite: 99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall.
- Say Given a number from 0 to 999,999,999,999, spell out that number in English.
- Food Chain Generate the lyrics of the song 'I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly'