When you're logged in, you can say
exercism fetch rust to get
the next available exercise on the track.
Every time you submit a solution to an exercise, you will get the next in line the next time you fetch.
If you want to try a specific exercise, you can always fetch it directly (commands are listed below).
The exercises are ordered roughly in order of difficulty, but it's a bit haphazard.
- Hello World The classical introductory exercise. Just say "Hello, World!"
- Gigasecond Calculate the moment when someone has lived for 10^9 seconds.
- Leap Given a year, report if it is a leap year.
- Raindrops Convert a number to a string, the contents of which depend on the number's factors.
- Bob Bob is a lackadaisical teenager. In conversation, his responses are very limited.
- Beer Song Produce the lyrics to that beloved classic, that field-trip favorite: 99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall.
- Difference Of Squares Find the difference between the square of the sum and the sum of the squares of the first N natural numbers.
- Sum Of Multiples Given a number, find the sum of all the multiples of particular numbers up to but not including that number.
- Grains Calculate the number of grains of wheat on a chessboard given that the number on each square doubles.
- Run Length Encoding Implement run-length encoding and decoding.
- Hamming Calculate the Hamming difference between two DNA strands.
- Pascals Triangle Compute Pascal's triangle up to a given number of rows.
- Scrabble Score Given a word, compute the scrabble score for that word.
- Pangram Determine if a sentence is a pangram.
- Nucleotide Count Given a DNA string, compute how many times each nucleotide occurs in the string.
- Luhn Given a number determine whether or not it is valid per the Luhn formula.
- Largest Series Product Given a string of digits, calculate the largest product for a contiguous substring of digits of length n.
- Word Count Given a phrase, count the occurrences of each word in that phrase.
- Atbash Cipher Create an implementation of the atbash cipher, an ancient encryption system created in the Middle East.
- Rotational Cipher Create an implementation of the rotational cipher, also sometimes called the Caesar cipher.
- Etl We are going to do the `Transform` step of an Extract-Transform-Load.
- Acronym Convert a long phrase to its acronym
- Sieve Use the Sieve of Eratosthenes to find all the primes from 2 up to a given number.
- Rna Transcription Given a DNA strand, return its RNA complement (per RNA transcription).
- Triangle Determine if a triangle is equilateral, isosceles, or scalene.
- Roman Numerals Write a function to convert from normal numbers to Roman Numerals.
- All Your Base Convert a number, represented as a sequence of digits in one base, to any other base.
- Grade School Given students' names along with the grade that they are in, create a roster for the school
- Robot Simulator Write a robot simulator.
- Bracket Push Make sure the brackets and braces all match.
- Luhn From Luhn: Using the From Trait
- Queen Attack Given the position of two queens on a chess board, indicate whether or not they are positioned so that they can attack each other.
- Bowling Score a bowling game
- Sublist Write a function to determine if a list is a sublist of another list.
- Space Age Given an age in seconds, calculate how old someone is in terms of a given planet's solar years.
- Luhn Trait Luhn: Using a Custom Trait
- Allergies Given a person's allergy score, determine whether or not they're allergic to a given item, and their full list of allergies.
- Variable Length Quantity Implement variable length quantity encoding and decoding.
- Phone Number Clean up user-entered phone numbers so that they can be sent SMS messages.
- Wordy Parse and evaluate simple math word problems returning the answer as an integer.
- Tournament Tally the results of a small football competition.
- Custom Set Create a custom set type.
- Alphametics Write a function to solve alphametics puzzles.
- Anagram Given a word and a list of possible anagrams, select the correct sublist.
- Protein Translation Translate RNA sequences into proteins.
- Robot Name Manage robot factory settings.
- Ocr Numbers Given a 3 x 4 grid of pipes, underscores, and spaces, determine which number is represented, or whether it is garbled.
- Minesweeper Add the numbers to a minesweeper board
- Dominoes Make a chain of dominoes.
- Parallel Letter Frequency Count the frequency of letters in texts using parallel computation.
- Rectangles Count the rectangles in an ASCII diagram.
- Forth Implement an evaluator for a very simple subset of Forth
- Circular Buffer A data structure that uses a single, fixed-size buffer as if it were connected end-to-end.
- React Implement a basic reactive system.