From Perl 6 Introduction:
What is Perl 6
Perl 6 is a high-level, general-purpose, gradually typed language. Perl 6 is multi-paradigmatic. It supports Procedural, Object Oriented, and Functional programming.
Perl 6 motto:
- TMTOWTDI (Pronounced Tim Toady): There is more than one way to do it.
- Easy things should stay easy, hard things should get easier, and impossible things should get hard.
- Perl 6: Is a language specification with a test suite. Implementations that pass the specification test suite are considered Perl 6.
- Rakudo: Is a compiler for Perl 6.
- Rakudobrew: Is an installation manager for Rakudo.
- Zef: Is a Perl 6 module installer.
- Rakudo Star: Is a bundle that includes Rakudo, Zef, a collection of Perl 6 modules, and documentation.
Help us explain this better! File a GitHub issue at https://github.com/exercism/xperl6/issues if you have suggestions, or submit a patch with improvements to the https://github.com/exercism/xperl6/blob/master/docs/ABOUT.md file.
If you've downloaded the command-line client and have Perl 6 installed on your machine, then go ahead and fetch the first problem.
exercism fetch perl6
In order to be able to submit your solution, you'll need to configure the client with your Exercism API key.
exercism configure --key=YOUR_EXERCISM_KEY
When you've written a solution, submit it to the site. You'll have to configure the command-line client with your exercism API key before you can submit.
exercism submit PATH_TO_FILE