Space Age in Swift
Given an age in seconds, calculate how old someone is in terms of a given planet's solar years.
exercism fetch swift space-age
Given an age in seconds, calculate how old someone would be on:
- Earth: orbital period 365.25 Earth days, or 31557600 seconds
- Mercury: orbital period 0.2408467 Earth years
- Venus: orbital period 0.61519726 Earth years
- Mars: orbital period 1.8808158 Earth years
- Jupiter: orbital period 11.862615 Earth years
- Saturn: orbital period 29.447498 Earth years
- Uranus: orbital period 84.016846 Earth years
- Neptune: orbital period 164.79132 Earth years
So if you were told someone were 1,000,000,000 seconds old, you should be able to say that they're 31.69 Earth-years old.
If you're wondering why Pluto didn't make the cut, go watch this youtube video.
Go through the project setup instructions for Xcode using Swift:
Partially inspired by Chapter 1 in Chris Pine's online Learn to Program tutorial. http://pine.fm/LearnToProgram/?Chapter=01
Submitting Incomplete Solutions
It's possible to submit an incomplete solution so you can see how others have completed the exercise.