Sublist in Scala
Write a function to determine if a list is a sublist of another list.
exercism fetch scala sublist
Given two lists determine if the first list is contained within the second list, if the second list is contained within the first list, if both lists are contained within each other or if none of these are true.
Specifically, a list A is a sublist of list B if by dropping 0 or more elements from the front of B and 0 or more elements from the back of B you get a list that's completely equal to A.
- A = [1, 2, 3], B = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5], A is a sublist of B
- A = [3, 4, 5], B = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5], A is a sublist of B
- A = [3, 4], B = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5], A is a sublist of B
- A = [1, 2, 3], B = [1, 2, 3], A is equal to B
- A = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5], B = [2, 3, 4], A is a superlist of B
- A = [1, 2, 4], B = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5], A is not a superlist of, sublist of or equal to B
The Scala exercises assume an SBT project scheme. The exercise solution source should be placed within the exercise directory/src/main/scala. The exercise unit tests can be found within the exercise directory/src/test/scala.
To run the tests simply run the command
sbt test in the exercise directory.
For more detailed info about the Scala track see the help page.
Submitting Incomplete Solutions
It's possible to submit an incomplete solution so you can see how others have completed the exercise.