Given a letter, print a diamond starting with 'A' with the supplied letter at the widest point.
The diamond kata takes as its input a letter, and outputs it in a diamond shape. Given a letter, it prints a diamond starting with 'A', with the supplied letter at the widest point.
- The first row contains one 'A'.
- The last row contains one 'A'.
- All rows, except the first and last, have exactly two identical letters.
- All rows have as many trailing spaces as leading spaces. (This might be 0).
- The diamond is horizontally symmetric.
- The diamond is vertically symmetric.
- The diamond has a square shape (width equals height).
- The letters form a diamond shape.
- The top half has the letters in ascending order.
- The bottom half has the letters in descending order.
- The four corners (containing the spaces) are triangles.
In the following examples, spaces are indicated by
Diamond for letter 'A':
Diamond for letter 'C':
Diamond for letter 'E':
····A···· ···B·B··· ··C···C·· ·D·····D· E·······E ·D·····D· ··C···C·· ···B·B··· ····A····
Running the test suite
The provided test suite uses Jasmine. You can install it by opening a terminal window and running the following command:
npm install -g jasmine
Run the test suite from the exercise directory with:
In many test suites all but the first test have been marked "pending".
Once you get a test passing, activate the next one by changing
Submitting Incomplete Solutions
It's possible to submit an incomplete solution so you can see how others have completed the exercise.