Change in Java
Correctly determine change to be given using the least number of coins
exercism fetch java change
Correctly determine the fewest number of coins to be given to a customer such that the sum of the coins' value would equal the correct amount of change.
- An input of 15 with [1, 5, 10, 25, 100] should return one nickel (5) and one dime (10) or [0, 1, 1, 0, 0]
- An input of 40 with [1, 5, 10, 25, 100] should return one nickel (5) and one dime (10) and one quarter (25) or [0, 1, 1, 1, 0]
- Does your algorithm work for any given set of coins?
- Can you ask for negative change?
- Can you ask for a change value smaller than the smallest coin value?
Running the tests
You can run all the tests for an exercise by entering
$ gradle test
in your terminal.
Software Craftsmanship - Coin Change Kata https://web.archive.org/web/20130115115225/http://craftsmanship.sv.cmu.edu:80/exercises/coin-change-kata
Submitting Incomplete Solutions
It's possible to submit an incomplete solution so you can see how others have completed the exercise.