Sublist in Go
Write a function to determine if a list is a sublist of another list.
exercism fetch go sublist
Given two lists determine if the first list is contained within the second list, if the second list is contained within the first list, if both lists are contained within each other or if none of these are true.
Specifically, a list A is a sublist of list B if by dropping 0 or more elements from the front of B and 0 or more elements from the back of B you get a list that's completely equal to A.
- A = [1, 2, 3], B = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5], A is a sublist of B
- A = [3, 4, 5], B = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5], A is a sublist of B
- A = [3, 4], B = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5], A is a sublist of B
- A = [1, 2, 3], B = [1, 2, 3], A is equal to B
- A = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5], B = [2, 3, 4], A is a superlist of B
- A = [1, 2, 4], B = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5], A is not a superlist of, sublist of or equal to B
Running the tests
To run the tests run the command
go test from within the exercise directory.
If the test suite contains benchmarks, you can run these with the
go test -bench .
Keep in mind that each reviewer will run benchmarks on a different machine, with different specs, so the results from these benchmark tests may vary.
For more detailed information about the Go track, including how to get help if you're having trouble, please visit the exercism.io Go language page.
Submitting Incomplete Solutions
It's possible to submit an incomplete solution so you can see how others have completed the exercise.