Change in Go
Correctly determine change to be given using the least number of coins
exercism fetch go change
Correctly determine the fewest number of coins to be given to a customer such that the sum of the coins' value would equal the correct amount of change.
- An input of 15 with [1, 5, 10, 25, 100] should return one nickel (5) and one dime (10) or [0, 1, 1, 0, 0]
- An input of 40 with [1, 5, 10, 25, 100] should return one nickel (5) and one dime (10) and one quarter (25) or [0, 1, 1, 1, 0]
- Does your algorithm work for any given set of coins?
- Can you ask for negative change?
- Can you ask for a change value smaller than the smallest coin value?
Running the tests
To run the tests run the command
go test from within the exercise directory.
If the test suite contains benchmarks, you can run these with the
go test -bench .
Keep in mind that each reviewer will run benchmarks on a different machine, with different specs, so the results from these benchmark tests may vary.
For more detailed information about the Go track, including how to get help if you're having trouble, please visit the exercism.io Go language page.
Software Craftsmanship - Coin Change Kata https://web.archive.org/web/20130115115225/http://craftsmanship.sv.cmu.edu:80/exercises/coin-change-kata
Submitting Incomplete Solutions
It's possible to submit an incomplete solution so you can see how others have completed the exercise.