Sublist in Elixir
Write a function to determine if a list is a sublist of another list.
exercism fetch elixir sublist
Given two lists determine if the first list is contained within the second list, if the second list is contained within the first list, if both lists are contained within each other or if none of these are true.
Specifically, a list A is a sublist of list B if by dropping 0 or more elements from the front of B and 0 or more elements from the back of B you get a list that's completely equal to A.
- A = [1, 2, 3], B = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5], A is a sublist of B
- A = [3, 4, 5], B = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5], A is a sublist of B
- A = [3, 4], B = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5], A is a sublist of B
- A = [1, 2, 3], B = [1, 2, 3], A is equal to B
- A = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5], B = [2, 3, 4], A is a superlist of B
- A = [1, 2, 4], B = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5], A is not a superlist of, sublist of or equal to B
Execute the tests with:
$ elixir bob_test.exs
bob_test.exs with the name of the test file.)
In the test suites, all but the first test have been skipped.
Once you get a test passing, you can unskip the next one by
commenting out the relevant
@tag :pending with a
Or, you can enable all the tests by commenting out the
ExUnit.configure line in the test suite.
# ExUnit.configure exclude: :pending, trace: true
For more detailed information about the Elixir track, please see the help page.
Submitting Incomplete Solutions
It's possible to submit an incomplete solution so you can see how others have completed the exercise.