Change in Elixir
Correctly determine change to be given using the least number of coins
exercism fetch elixir change
Correctly determine the fewest number of coins to be given to a customer such that the sum of the coins' value would equal the correct amount of change.
- An input of 15 with [1, 5, 10, 25, 100] should return one nickel (5) and one dime (10) or [0, 1, 1, 0, 0]
- An input of 40 with [1, 5, 10, 25, 100] should return one nickel (5) and one dime (10) and one quarter (25) or [0, 1, 1, 1, 0]
- Does your algorithm work for any given set of coins?
- Can you ask for negative change?
- Can you ask for a change value smaller than the smallest coin value?
Execute the tests with:
$ elixir bob_test.exs
bob_test.exs with the name of the test file.)
In the test suites, all but the first test have been skipped.
Once you get a test passing, you can unskip the next one by
commenting out the relevant
@tag :pending with a
Or, you can enable all the tests by commenting out the
ExUnit.configure line in the test suite.
# ExUnit.configure exclude: :pending, trace: true
For more detailed information about the Elixir track, please see the help page.
Software Craftsmanship - Kata-logue http://craftsmanship.sv.cmu.edu/exercises/coin-change-kata
Submitting Incomplete Solutions
It's possible to submit an incomplete solution so you can see how others have completed the exercise.