Sublist in ECMAScript
Write a function to determine if a list is a sublist of another list.
exercism fetch ecmascript sublist
Given two lists determine if the first list is contained within the second list, if the second list is contained within the first list, if both lists are contained within each other or if none of these are true.
Specifically, a list A is a sublist of list B if by dropping 0 or more elements from the front of B and 0 or more elements from the back of B you get a list that's completely equal to A.
- A = [1, 2, 3], B = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5], A is a sublist of B
- A = [3, 4, 5], B = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5], A is a sublist of B
- A = [3, 4], B = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5], A is a sublist of B
- A = [1, 2, 3], B = [1, 2, 3], A is equal to B
- A = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5], B = [2, 3, 4], A is a superlist of B
- A = [1, 2, 4], B = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5], A is not a superlist of, sublist of or equal to B
Go through the setup instructions for ECMAScript to install the necessary dependencies:
Install assignment dependencies:
$ npm install
Making the test suite pass
Execute the tests with:
$ npm test
In the test suites all tests but the first have been skipped.
Once you get a test passing, you can enable the next one by
Submitting Incomplete Solutions
It's possible to submit an incomplete solution so you can see how others have completed the exercise.