Change in C#
Correctly determine change to be given using the least number of coins
exercism fetch csharp change
Correctly determine the fewest number of coins to be given to a customer such that the sum of the coins' value would equal the correct amount of change.
- An input of 15 with [1, 5, 10, 25, 100] should return one nickel (5) and one dime (10) or [0, 1, 1, 0, 0]
- An input of 40 with [1, 5, 10, 25, 100] should return one nickel (5) and one dime (10) and one quarter (25) or [0, 1, 1, 1, 0]
- Does your algorithm work for any given set of coins?
- Can you ask for negative change?
- Can you ask for a change value smaller than the smallest coin value?
Note that, when trying to submit an exercise, make sure the exercise file that you're submitting is in the
For example, if you're submitting
bob.cs for the Bob exercise, the submit command would be something like
exercism submit <path_to_exercism_dir>/csharp/bob/bob.cs.
Software Craftsmanship - Kata-logue http://craftsmanship.sv.cmu.edu/exercises/coin-change-kata
Submitting Incomplete Solutions
It's possible to submit an incomplete solution so you can see how others have completed the exercise.